WordPress Medic Podcast #4
It’s episode #4 . This week I interview Martin Hasan and Paul Arellano from MyM2WebDesign http://www.mym2webdesign.com/ and I have a great discussion about WordPress maintenance plans … It’s all coming your way next on WordPress Medic Podcast
WordPress Medic Podcast can be found on Stitcher Radio Click here to Download app or listen online Now.
WordPress Medic Podcast can be found on the iTunes Store here.
WordPress Medic Podcast can be found on Blubrry.com here
Join me on WordPress Plugins from A to Z Podcast find it at http://WPPluginsAtoZ.com where my co host Marcus Couch and myself discuss WordPress Plugins. .
Also since I love to rant about lots of things have lots opinions instead of making this a platform for that I have another show called Kritter Escapes at http://KritterEscapes.com
Quick note about Social media camp Victoria @ http://socialmediacamp.ca/ while it is still a great Social media camp to attend you no longer need to support me there, due to differences I have opted out of the guest blogging there. I still highly reccomend them and I may still be attending myself Enjoy.
WordCamp 2013 jan 13 in Victoria BC http://2013.victoria.wordcamp.org/ view my session info here http://www.johnoverall.com/wordcamp-2013-101-essential-plugins-for-wordpress-session/
Would you like to be part of this show? Head over to http://WPMedic.ca and leave a speak pipe or a question and I’ll Feature you here also if you would like to be on the show just let me know and we an arrange to get you on it.
/ Audio Clips / Interviews
This week I have for you an interview with Martin Hasan and Paul Arellano from MyM2WebDesign http://www.mym2webdesign.com/
**WordPress Discussion & Tips by John**
File organization for your wordpress website
Maintenance of a wordpress website and should you be paying someone to do it for you. Discussion on what the needs are and my current plan for management make mention about how it is good insurance and saves them the hassle of doing it themselves.
WordPress is a great platform and you might consider that it does not require any work at all after the initial install but it actually does.
Since it is updated in the core about 2 to 3 times a year and plugins are updated all the time you will definitely need to go in about once a month and do updates
So what do I offer for a maintenance program
My WordPress Maintenance program includes is the following:
- Complete website backup
- All required program/plugin updates
- Database maintenance and optimization
- Up to 2 hrs a month of support on website i.e., answering questions, training help ect.
- Up to 4 hrs to restore a site if it is compromised after 4 hrs additional costs apply.
- Performing all required updates to software installed on the WordPress website.
- Regular maintenance and backups of database
- Theme updates if available and/or required provided current theme has not had custom coding added.
- Restoring/repairing site if something goes wrong such as a compromised site.
- It does not include changing the look and feel of website, nor any problems occurring through client attempting to make changes to site.
- It does not include adding or removing any functionality to website.
- It does not include any premium/paid plugins or theme updates not supplied by me.
All for only $45 a month. get it here http://www.johnoverall.com/wordpress-maintenance/
Just some reminders:
If you would like to be a guest on the show please email me or contact me through my site and we can talk.
What’s coming in future podcasts:
How to Contact me:
John can be contacted at:
- on my website @ http://www.johnoverall.com/
- WordPress Emergency Support http://wppro.ca/wpemergency
- Twitter http://wppro.ca/twitter
- Facebook at http://wppro.ca/facebook
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
List of tutorial websites for wordpress